Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Story of A Cat


My grandmother was a wonderful woman and I miss her dearly. She got a cat in 2001, Toby we named him. She called him Toby my boy. Gram always wanted boys. She wanted my mom to be a boy, she wanted me to be a boy and when Waylon came along. . . . .she was on cloud nine!!!! He was HER boy. Gram passed away in January after Waylon turned a year old. Her last words to me, before I walked out of her hospital room, I knew I would never see her alive, were, "take care of my boy." I'm trying Gram, I'm trying!



After Gram died. Mom and Dad moved into her house, and I bought a trailer and moved in next to them. So we are neighbors, and I am so thankful now that I have them close by to help me with the boys!



When Waylon got sick and we spent the 6 weeks in the hospital, we came home from Pittsburgh on March 13th and Toby, who had never stepped foot into my house before, came into the house and made himself at home. He stays every night with us, and sleeps in bed with me, he comes, gets on my head until I fall asleep and then moves to the foot of the bed. Everyone says that Gram sent him to look after us.

No comments:

Post a Comment